Thursday, February 5, 2009

don't roll your little eyes at me...

or I'll roll your little head across the floor. That's what Bill Cosby's mom used to say. I never got it....until now. My five year old is a pro at rolling his eyes. I swear his eyes are double jointed. I am not sure if this is more a reflection of him or my nagging....or his ten year old brother-he's pretty sneaky about his eyeball movement. And is this new... or was I just too busy to notice before? Or was I so busy before that I did not have the time or energy to nag him with such precision? Because he has been flying under the radar for a while. He has figured out what he can just ignore without getting called on it. Go pick up your clothes, go put your skateboard away, hang up your towel, put your backpack where it goes for the fourth time.....geesh, I ask alot of him. So, now I get the eyeroll and head raised to heaven as if he is asking God, "Why me!??" Wait....maybe it wasn't my ten year old-it seems I have been doing that for quite a few years.
Well, I am on to my five year old. He now does this little head swing to the side and then eyeroll so I won't catch it. I told him that his eyes might get stuck like that. I always swore I would never try one of those "every parent says that at some desperate moment when they realize they have lost all control and don't know anything better to say" things. But, I did it. Let's see if it works. He's only five. HE'S ONLY FIVE!

1 comment:

  1. That is right. He is only five, and pretty soon he will be SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE and then he will be another TEN YEAR OLD.

    ReplyDelete